This recipe was cut of some magazine, some time ago (its quite yellowed with age). The magazine's name does not appear on the cut out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large sirloin pork chops (each about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 3Place 1/3 cup flour in shallow bowl.
- 4Coat pork chops with flour, shaking off excess.
- 5Add to skillet and cook until brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer to platter.
- 7Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- 8Add onion to skillet and sauté until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add paprika and crushed garlic clove and stir 30 seconds.
- 10Mix in 3/4 cup chicken broth, marjoram and caraway seeds.
- 11Simmer 3 minutes.
- 12Return pork chops to skillet.
- 13Cover and simmer until pork chops are almost cooked through, adding more chicken broth by tablespoonfuls if liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes per side.
- 14Reduce heat to low.
- 15Whisk 1 cup sour cream, chopped fresh dill and remaining 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl to blend.
- 16Add to skillet and stir until pork chops are tender and sauce thickens, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.8
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.9 g