Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Called Real Easy Pork Chops from Connecticut Cooks. Haven't tried it yet.
- 6 -8 pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 6 -8 slices swiss cheese or 6 -8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch parsley, chopped
- Grease 13 X 9 inch baking dish and place chops in the dish.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chop and spoon 2 tablespoons of sour cream on top of each slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cover with foil and bake a 1/2 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Uncover and bake at 325 degrees F. for an hour until cheese and sour cream brown and meat is fork tender.
Made a slightly modified version...
4 chops, seasoned on both sides with seasoned salt, smothered in sour cream and topped with shredded cheese... baked 350 for 20 min. on a greased cookie sheet... Very good! Quick, and Easy! Thanks so much!
Loved it! I fixed exactly as directed in your recipe and it turned out delicious as well as beautiful! I used provolone versus swiss but think it would taste just as good with the swiss. Thanks for sharing!!
This didn't quite work although it sounded good. The cheese and sour cream turned to liquid glop, and really needed a bit more seasoning. It was edible, but I'd probably go with one of the similar recipes that does something like this with stuffing on top to absorb the liquid.