Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These chops were very tender, and the sauce was delcious. It was very easy to make. This is the first time I've made this, but won't be the last..Great dish for those on low carbohydrate diets.
- 6 boneless pork chops (I used loin)
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season pork chops liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown pork chops on both sides.
- Remove pork chops to a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While pork chops are baking, add minced shallots to the same pan and cook for one minute.
- Add white wine and simmer until sauce becomes thicker and is reduced.
- Add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to simmer.
- Remove chops from oven and place on platter.
- Add the cold butter to the sauce.
- When melted, stir, and serve over the pork chops.
Loved the sauce for this recipie.
My husband made this with pork cutlets-absolutely yummy!!!
Easy to prepare and the sauce adds a nice flavor. I sauteed the shallots longer than indicated and reduced the sauce after adding the chicken broth.