Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my hand written recipes. Could be from a book or magazine. This recipe is for 2 but it can be doubled easily. It says on the card that it goes well with mashed potatoes and salad.
- 2 large pork chops, lean
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cider
- white pepper
- Score the chops slightly.
- Combine shallots, parsley and salt and pepper and rub this onto both sides of the chops.
- Bush chops with the melted butter and broil slowly until tender.
- Meanwhile, warm the cider in another pan and when the chops have finished cooking, put the broiling pan on the stove.
- Pour the warmed cider in and let it bubble over high heat for a few minutes.
- Remove to a serving dish with the sauce.