Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These tender pork chops are very easy to make. A big hit with our family. Make extras, they are sure to want more.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano (Del Monte Brand)
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange sliced onions on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Lay pork chops over onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If you use the mushrooms put them on top of pork chops then cover with tomatoes.
- Bake, covered for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
Very tasty, I loved the mushrooms in it!!
The pork chops turn out very tender. Make sure to use boness chops because they fall off the bones! We love stewed tomatoes, so I think next time I'll try using a can of them.
I've made this several times now, I omit the mushrooms because I don't care for them. Very good!!