- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- paprika (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt butter over low heat, stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth; cook and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook for one minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Season pork chops with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Brown pork chops in a skillet coated with vegetable oil.
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Layer potato and onion slices in pan.
- pour broth mixture over the potatoes and onion.
- Place browned pork chops on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika and parsley.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.