Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home over 13 years ago. It is a tried and true recipe that is especially satisfying on cold evenings.
- In a saucepan melt butter over low heat, stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth; cook and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook for one minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Season pork chops with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Brown pork chops in a skillet coated with vegetable oil.
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Layer potato and onion slices in pan.
- pour broth mixture over the potatoes and onion.
- Place browned pork chops on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika and parsley.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
I made this last night, the house still smells great! Very good comfort food. Leftovers today were even better.
My family used to make something like this when I was young. I browned the chops first, then made the sauce in the same pan. Saves on dishes since I'm lazy. :) Next time, I will either use less salt, or use a no-salt broth. Thank you for bringing back a yummy memory.
We really enjoyed this too! I halved the recipe and it only needed to bake about 50 with really thinly sliced potatoes. I sauteed my onions in the same pan as the pork before adding them to the dish.