Recipe by figaro8895
BHG Dinnertime Express
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Wow!!! What a terrific low carb treat! I used rosemary only, but the oregano would be a great addition as well. These were so very easy to make and took very little time or effort. I will be making these again, and they went straight into my tried and true cookbook. Thanks for a terrific recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For stuffing, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add green onion and cook for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat.
- Trim fat from chops. make a pocket in each chop by cutting from fat side almost to, but not through, the opposite side. Spoon stuffing into pockets in chops. If necessary, secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Brush chops with Worcestershire sauce. Season chops lightly with additional salt and pepper. Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat about 20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once halfway through cooking. To serve, remove toothpicks.