Recipe by Noo
A very simple recipe that highlights how great pork and apples are together. A great alternative to a traditional Sunday lunch.
Top Review by KellyMac6
We very much enjoyed this. The onion and the apple definitely are a great complement to the pork. Next time I would season the pork with pepper and garlic salt. I would also add some sherry when the pork is on the stove top because I think it adds great flavor to sauteed pork. The fresh sage really took this over the edge. Made for PRMR. Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pork loin chops
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 apple, halved
- 4 tablespoons dark muscovado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200/180/Gas 6. Heat oil in a frying pan and then brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan, then when melted, add the sage, onion and apple, cut side down. Saute for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a roasting tin, turning the apple halves cut side up and sprinkle them with the sugar.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, adding the pork back to them for the last 10 minutes.