Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just made this up last night, but was thrilled with the results. An old black cast iron pan is great for this dish.
- 2 center-cut pork chops (1 inch think)
- 453.59 g potato, cubed (Medley of Yellow, Red and Blue)
- 1 onion, sliced (small to med)
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 dried black figs, quartered
- 14.79 ml prepared Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml white wine
- Trim a small bit fat from your chops and bring to a med-high heat in your skillet, until some of the fat is rendered, and skillet is good, greasy and hot.
- Spread Prepared Dijon Mustard on one side of chops.
- Place mustard-side down and sear for 6 minutes.
- Spread remaining Prepared Dijon Mustard on up-facing side of chops, flip, and sear for 6 more minutes.
- Remove chops to plate and set aside.
- Add Olive Oil and sauté Potato Medley, Onion and Garlic for 5 minutes. Salt & Pepper.
- Add White Wine and allow to de-glaze for about half a minute.
- Add Figs and and just a bit of Rosemary, and more Salt and Pepper if desired.
- Return Pork Chops and any drippings to pan.
- Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until Pork Chops are cooked, Potatoes are tender and onions are caramelized. Pork chops may be removed from pan and kept warm if Potatoes need further cooking.
- Serve with Steamed Broccoli or other veg.