Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can beef bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cans water
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- Brown chops in skillet.
- Saute onion in drippings where chops were browned.
- Place dry rice in casserole dish and pour boullion and water over rice.
- Add mushrooms,onions and pepper in skillet.
- Place chops on top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 350 oven.
This did not work for me, either. I used homemade soup stock instead of canned bouillon. In order to find out how much to use, I looked for other recipes using the ingredient. Most stated 10.5 oz, so I made calculations from there. I cooked this in my rice cooker, but used the amount of rice and liquid (based on 10.5 oz per can) given in the recipe. The result was much too wet. I did use salt and pepper, but also agree this is pretty bland, too.
I was not happy with this recipe. It was kind of bland and also to much water.