Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ideal for Sprintime Gatherings. The cherry flavours of "Strewn Two Vines Merlot" wine come alive when matched with this mouth-watering recipe. (Strewn Two Vines Merlot VQA is a combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot has ripe plum and cherry aromas. This smooth and flavourful Ontario VQA wine is best with beef, pork and game.I have prepared and served this recipe on several occasions for ourselves and guests. The rhubard is a wonderful, slightly tart flavour, no need for apple sauce, and compliments the flavours and aroma of the selected wine. (a recipe from LCBO handout advertising Ontario Wines)
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet that has a lid, heat oil on medium high heat.
- Brown pork chops 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Discard any fat, then add orange juice, sugar and rosemary to pan.
- stir sugar and deglaze pan.
- Add rhubarb; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until rhubarb is soft but still whole.
- Return chops and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- Add onions, cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
I didnt like this recipe very much.Seems like too much rosemary. The rhubarb texture wasnt very appealing. I dont think Ill make this again,but thank you anyway.
This recipe was great! My whole family loved it and everyone asked where I got the recipe.