- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 stalks rhubarb, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup brown chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat: add pork chops and cook, turning once, until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to oven and roast until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer pork chops to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet. Add shallots, garlic, ginger and thyme and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook until reduced by half: add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, chicken stock and rhubarb. Cook until rhubarb has softened 7-8 minutes. Add butter and swirl until melted and well combined, season with salt and pepper.