Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Hearty, stick to your ribs dinner. The cabbage and balsamic vinegar meld nicely.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Red Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops, well trimmed (1/2 inch)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- For Cabbage--.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage, onion, apple, garlic and marjoram and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For Pork--.
- Heat oil in another skillet over medium high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Rub with marjoram.
- Add pork chops to skillet and fry until cooked through, turning once, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer cabbage to platter.
- Place pork chops atop cabbage.
- In skillet pork chops were cooked in add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir with wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits.
- Pour sauce over pork and serve.
A very interesting and different taste. My family all liked it. They couldn't eat all of theirs, but I could have eaten ALOT more.
Easy to prepare and great tasting recipe. I added a little fresh sage to the cabbage and a few sliced mushrooms to the gravy. Served it to company and they left with the recipe. No better compliment than that!
I made just the cabbage dish in this recipe this time and it was good and easy. The next day I mixed leftovers into a rice and black bean skillet dinner which was very tasty.