Recipe by mermaidmagic
My grandmother liked to use a specific cabbage in each of her dishes, but I find they are easily substituted for eachother.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove, drain on paper towel, and crumble.
- Saute the pork chops in 2 TB of foaming butter, over moderately high heat, until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauce pan, bring the wine and 1 Tb butter to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and scallions.
- Cover and simmer until tender- about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and boil the wine until it has almost evaporated.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture to bind the remaining liquid.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Serve pork chops on the bed of red cabbage.