Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pork chops are anything but posh - but this recipe sure does make them look and taste like something in a high end restaurant. Creamy sauce with apples, bacon and mushrooms over a pork chop - yum!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, sliced think
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 4 -6 bacon, rashers diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 pork chops
- 2 cups sparkling apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet. Add the garlic, onion, bacon, mushrooms, apple and thyme - cook and stir until the onions are soft. Remove.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil, add the pork chops and cook both sides until browned.
- Return the apple mixture with the apple juice. Simmer covered until the pork chops are cooked through and tender.
- Stir in the sage, cream and the blended corn flour with water. Simmer until thickened.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and greens.