Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Yummy and easy to put together comfort food. Make it with stuff from the pantry..no fancy ingredients!!!
Top Review by Audrey M
My family loves pork chops done this way. It is a homestyle meal prepared in minutes. The only thing I added fresh garlic when browning pork chops instead of garlic powder to cut down on the amount of salt. I also added fresh mushrooms to add more texture. This does make a wonderful gravy to serve over your favorite mashed potatoes.
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (use generic!)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops well with salt, pepper,& garlic powder.
- Brown on both sides in a large dutch oven or saucepan.
- Remove pork chops to a paper towel lined plate and sop up any extra oil or fat with a wadded up paper towel.
- Dump in Cream of Mushroom and add 1 can water and 1 can milk.
- I usually whizz this up with my immersion blender until smooth.
- Add back the pork chops and simmer for about an hours.
- The longer they simmer, the more tender the chops will become.
- We eat this with mashed potatoes (my family LOVES the instant ones) and green beans.