Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
A quick one-pan recipe from AllRecipes-Daily Dish. The recipe called for 3 bouillon cubes but I cut it to two and may try one the next time--just for the sake of lowering the sodium content.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, trimmed (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Coat the pork chops with flour, and place in the skillet.
- Brown about 4 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the Parmesan cheese mixture over the pork chops.
- Layer chops with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Top with onion slices.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in hot water.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour over the layered pork chops.
- Cover skillet, and reduce heat.
- Simmer 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).