Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
An elegant yet simple dish that will impress your guest, but requires very little work.
- Slice just the skin of the mango all the way around length wise and again front to back so that you have four crescent slices of skin. Peel skin from mango carefully. Now hold mango pointy side up. Slice 1/4 inch slices from front side until you get to the seed, then repeat on back side of mango. You should have 4-8 oval slices of mango for each mango.
- Pour port wine into sealable container and add mango slices. Allow to marinate for approximately 1 hour.
- Rub pork chops with cloves, salt, and pepper. Set oven to broil.
- Pour mangoes and port wine into skillet and simmer for approx 10 minutes. Remove mangoes and reduce port wine.
- Broil pork chops until browned on both sides. Place mangoes on side of dish and cover both mangoes and pork chops with port wine reduction. Serve.
- Recommend Side Dish: Whipped sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon.