Recipe by Chef Grizzly
Your basic grilled pork chop with a plum & port wine sauce served over quinoa. I tend to cook just for myself, but you can scale this up easily. I like to use a tawny port since for the plum and black cherries in it but any good port should be fine.
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 fresh plums
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons candied ginger, paste
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice one plum into quarters, slice the other two into thin pieces.
- Rinse the quinoa to remove any remaining bitter coating.
- Brush the porkchops with olive oil and grill them. Sear each side with a.
- very hot fire to seal in the juices then move then away from the fire to finish.
- While the chops are cooking put the plum, ginger, and port into a small heavy.
- skillet. (I use a candied ginger paste, but you can use grated fresh ginger, or.
- candided ginger that you mash with a little water to make a thick paste).
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir every minute or.
- so until the liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
- Remove from heat.
- While the chops and sauce are cooking, bring the water to boil in a small.
- sauce pan.
- Add quinoa, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- When the water is gone (about 15 min usually), remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 the quinoa on each plate.
- If including pine nuts, sprinkle 1/2 on each plate over and around the.
- Plate the chops on top of the quinoa & drizzle sauce over & around the chop.