Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I came across this recipe at my last trip to the hospital. It was paired with a five-lb. pork loin. Well, I couldn't see myself preparing all that, but I did have some chops in the freezer. So, I pulled them out and prepared the recipe. Different, but delicious!
- 4 pork chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 ounces of fresh salsa, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos, drained if canned
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the salsa ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the oil and rub onto the pork chops.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray the bottom. Place the pork chops in the dish and bake for 1-1 1/2 hrs or until the chops are done.
- When serving, let stand for 10 minutes. Top with salsa.