Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Pineapple-Apple Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 18 ounces fresh pineapple, pared & cored cut into small pieces
- 1 small granny smith apple, pared cored & chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus 1 teaspoon) or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 20 ounces pork loin chops, with bone
- To prepare chutney, in a heavy medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except oil and pork chops; place over medium-low heat.
- Bring to simmer; if mixture is dry, add water, 1–2 tablespoons at a time, to keep mixture moist.
- Cook until mixture thickens and flavors blend, about 40–45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In heavy 10-inch ovenproof skillet , heat oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add chops and saute 1–1 1/2 minutes each side, until browned.
- Place skillet in oven and cook another 10–15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with pineapple-apple chutney.
- EACH SERVING PROVIDES: 1 Fat, 2 Fruits, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 Proteins, 15 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 338 Calories, 26 g Protein, 13 g Fat, 31 g Carbohydrate, 63 mg Sodium, 67 mg Cholesterol, 2 g Dietary Fiber; 7 points.