Recipe by Pianolady
One of our favorite ways to enjoy pork chops. This produces a really delicious end result -- we hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Foxyrae
This was very good and used stuff I stock in my pantry. A simple way to serve an elegant dish! I used some strawberry/banana orange juice since that's what I had on hand, but the tastes still matched well. This is one for my recipe box! :)
- 4 pork chops or 4 pork steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon shortening
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- freshly ground salt, to taste
- 8 pear halves in natural juice (well drained if canned)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, brown the pork chops in hot oil; drain.
- Transfer the pork chops to a shallow baking pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pear halves around the chops.
- Drizzle orange juice over all.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour sherry over all.
- Place butter in the hollow of pears.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Place the pears and pork chops on a platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, stir into sauce mixture and cook until thickened.
- Pour over pork chops and pears.