Recipe by Dancer^
Great dish. Points 5.
Top Review by wine&dine
We really enjoyed this dish. i made a couple modifications. I used apples and pears and left out the vanilla (it might be good, I just didn't want it). Also, I seared the pork chops(but didn't cook them right thru) took them out of the pan and cooked the sauce. Then I put the porkchops back in the pan, covered it and put it all in the oven for 15min @400. They came out tender and juicy and the sauce was bubbly and thick. Thanks!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 1⁄4 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, trimmed of visible fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pears, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring frequently and mashing the pears with a spoon, until thick and pears are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub mixture over pork.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until well browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sauce.