Recipe by Oolala
From a cookbook called Alphabet Soup submitted by Tom and Jean Boland. I like the way these sound and am posting for safe keeping. 30 minutes to 2 hours marination then broil. Sounds easy and uses common ingredients.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 pork chops, lean, 1/2-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, mix the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, pepper, and half the thyme (4 sprigs).
- Score chops in a crisscross pattern 1/8 inch deep on both sides with a sharp knife.
- Place in a single layer in non-aluminum pan or dish. Pour marinade over chops and marinate 30 minutes to 2 hours at room temperature.
- Place chops on a broiling pan.
- Pour marinade into a small saucpan and boil until it is reduced by half.
- Glaze top of pork chops with this and broil approximately 10 minutes per side, glazing the remaining the other side.
- Serve the chops with the remaining sauce poured over the chops and garnish with the 4 remaining thyme sprigs.