Recipe by carolinafan
From Taste of Home.
Top Review by Marsha D.
This recipe is one of the best pork chop recipes I have ever made. Only changed 2 things and that was I used 3 beef bouillon cubes to 1 cup of boiling water and added another cup water in the baking dish. I also added some sliced potatoes. I did omit the cornstarch as I over read it when making. It really didn't make any difference though cause this recipe was AWESOME! Its going right into my favorite recipes. The pork chops was so tender that there was NO need for a knife to cut. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe! :)
- 6 (7 ounce) pork loin chops with bone
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In the drippings, sauté onions until tender. Spoon over chops; add broth.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove pork chops and onions; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with pork and onions.