Recipe by JimB427
Very simple, but delicious comfort food. I concocted this from scratch last fall.
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
This recipe was pretty tasty..I modified it a little bit by adding some more flour because the gravy seemed a little bit too watery. If I make it again, I will probably use more onions and mushrooms and maybe some carrots and celery. The pork and gravy were terrific over some homemade mashed potatoes with some cornbread and broccoli!
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inches thick
- 177.44 ml thinly sliced onion
- 113.39 g can canned mushroom slices, with liquid
- 14.79 ml flour
- 59.14 ml brown gravy mix
- 828.06 ml water, divided
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook until limp.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp flour over onions and stir until flour starts to brown.
- Stir in 2 cups water and the mushrooms with their liquid.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce to simmering.
- Add 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup brown gravy mix,mix well and add to water in pan, stirring well.
- Add pork chops to pan, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Use the additional water to thin the gravy, if needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.