Pork Chops With Mustard Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bread crumbs, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper, stirring, until crumbs are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer crumbs to a bowl and clean skillet.
- Pat pork dry.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over moderately high heat, then brown chops in batches, turning over once, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a baking pan and spread tops with mustard and then bread crumbs.
- Roast in middle of oven until meat is just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.