Recipe by Sauce Lover
Excellent pork dish suitable for company. Very easy to prepare and you'll love the sauce. Don't remember where the recipe came from, I've made it many times through the years.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a wonderful way to dress up our pork chops. And it was so easy and quick to prepare, which makes it a good recipe to prepare on those busy nights when you want a great meal but don't have a lot of time to fuss in the kitchen. And the horesradish sauce was mild, so even those who cannot tolerate a lot of "heat" would enjoy this dish. I did find that I had to cook such thick pork chops for more than 10 minutes though--it was closer to 20 minutes I think. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sauce Lover. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
- 4 pork chops, 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove any extra fat from chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chops in flour, covering both sides.
- Dip floured chops first into beaten eggs and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot,add chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Then place skillet in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Do not cover.
- Remove chops from skllet and keep warm.
- Add butter to skillet( do not clean out skillet first) and place on medium hot burner on stovetop. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and the horseradish and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with tomato wedges for garnish.