Recipe by Zurie
This is my sister Annalie's recipe, and I have her permission to post it! LOL! She says: "This is simple and tasty. I think the sauce will go well with chicken too. My husband and I love hot food, so feel free to leave out the chili flakes or use less."
Top Review by Annacia
I don't know why this hasn't been reviewed before.It's an excellent recipe. For personal taste only I omitted the chili flakes (for DH) and used chicken stock in place of the sherry ( for both of us) and we both loved the outcome. The chops were moist and tender (3/4 in thick chops) and the mushrooms just yummy. Served with cinnamon carrots, half a baked potato (they were big) and a mixed green salad. We had a great meal.
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely sliced (or use leeks)
- 2 garlic cloves, slices
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, the dried spice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (specified was 50 ml medium cream sherry)
- 3 1⁄2 fluid oz cream (specified was 100 ml cream)
- parsley (or chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chops and score the fat rind. Dry-fry the chops in a very hot pan, or use a little oil if the chops are too lean. Keep warm.
- In the same pan fry the onion or leeks, garlic and chili, adding a little oil or butter, until soft but not brown.
- Add the mushrooms and stirfry a few minutes.
- Add the sherry and cream and cook until sauce thickens slightly. Stir the chopped herbs through, and pour the sauce over the chops.