1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Mushroom Ragu
Lori Mama's Note:
I had some mushrooms that were begging to be used and as my husband just loves them, I came up with this recipe. I usually use my non stick frying pan to bake the chops. If you don't have a heat proof handle on your pan, wrap it securely with foil. If you really love shrooms, like my husband, you can reduce the chops to 2 and still make the same amount of ragu, which is what I did ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375.
- 2In large, non stick oven going pan, over high heat, seer chops seasoned to your taste, on one side, flip and place the pan in the oven and bake the chops 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- 4Add mushrooms and brown until they give up their moisture.
- 5season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add the butter along with the garlic and saute until the garlic is fragrant.
- 7Add the flour and cook until it has been absorbed with the mushrooms.
- 8Add the wine and cook until thickened and then add the stock.
- 9Stirring continually until almost all liquid is gone, but not all.
- 10Turn off heat and add the sour cream to combine.
- 11Add the nutmeg if using.
- 12Taste for seasoning.
- 13Devide over the chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Mushroom Ragu
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 248.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 46.0 g