Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had some mushrooms that were begging to be used and as my husband just loves them, I came up with this recipe. I usually use my non stick frying pan to bake the chops. If you don't have a heat proof handle on your pan, wrap it securely with foil. If you really love shrooms, like my husband, you can reduce the chops to 2 and still make the same amount of ragu, which is what I did ;)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In large, non stick oven going pan, over high heat, seer chops seasoned to your taste, on one side, flip and place the pan in the oven and bake the chops 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and brown until they give up their moisture.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butter along with the garlic and saute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the flour and cook until it has been absorbed with the mushrooms.
- Add the wine and cook until thickened and then add the stock.
- Stirring continually until almost all liquid is gone, but not all.
- Turn off heat and add the sour cream to combine.
- Add the nutmeg if using.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Devide over the chops.
Tasty!! We doubled the sauce and tossed pasta with half; also used a lot more garlic since we all like it so much. This will definitely be served many times over at our table!
Spectacular! I'm not normally a huge fan of pork chops, but these are wonderful! The sauce is fabulous....I did add the nutmeg and seasoned my chops with that in mind. I will use this sauce with chicken and beef....very versatile and absolutely wonderful! 2012 Keeper! Made for Photo Tag!
This was really good! It was like stroganoff meets pork chops. The mushroom ragu made me so happy.