Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of our favorite pork chop recipes. We love the rich gravy over the pork chops and mashed potatoes.
- In large plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops, one at a time; tossing to coat.
- Set remaining flour mixture aside.
- In skillet, saute chops in butter until golden brown; transfer to a greased 13x9x2-in baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and green pepper until translucent and tender.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture; gradually add milk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over chops, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes.
So good.i substituted 2 TBSP. Worcestershire Sauce for the lemon juice and 1 cup sour cream for 1 of the cups of milk and it was great.
Easy and tasty without the toughness that usually makes me avoid pork chops
True comfort food. I used fresh mushrooms. Since my chops were a bit thin instead of doing the recipe in the oven I did it all stove top in a skillet. Delicious dinner thanks Becky