Recipe by Barb in WNY
We had this recipe for dinner tonight. My son said it was one of the best pork chop recipes that I've made. I don't know where I got this recipes originally.
- 1⁄2 cup flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine half of the flour and breadcrumbs. Coat the pork chops.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Add onion, garlic, pepper and water. Stir in bouillon, browning sauce and bay leaves, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. or until pork is tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Add mushrooms to the skillet. Combine cold water and remaining flour until smooth, stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining breadcrumbs. Serve over pork chops.
- Serve with butter noodles or mashed potatoes.