1/3 Photos of Pork Chops With Mushroom Cream Sauce - Low Carb
1 hr 15 mins
Moist, flavorful, delicious pork chops, smothered in a savory mushroom cream sauce. Surprisingly light, yet satisfyingly indulgent. Inspired by PanNan's "Pan Grilled Pork Chops".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground fine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, ground fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, freshly minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Combine herbs, salt, and pepper.
- 2Apply liberally to chops on both sides.
- 3Let sit on counter for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat olive oil in large cast-iron skillet until medium-hot.
- 5Set chops in the pan, and leave them alone. Otherwise, you will tear the herbs off. Cook each side until golden brown. Lower the heat if necessary. approximately 4 minutes each side.
- 6Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid. Turn the heat off. Let sit for 10-12 minutes. If the chops are less than 1 inch thick, reduce time to 6-8 minutes.
- 7While chops are cooking, add olive oil to a small non-stick skillet and begin sautéing mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. When mushrooms begin to wilt, add wine. You are not trying to cook the mushrooms completely, just start the process.
- 8Remove chops to serving platter, cover to keep warm.
- 9Add mushrooms and cooking liquid to the pan the chops were cooking in, turn heat to medium-high. Stir up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow mushrooms to finish cooking.
- 10Add heavy cream, and simmer until reduced by half.
- 11You may return chops to the pan to reheat, or pour sauce over chops.
- 12Serve with your favorite green vegetable, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Mushroom Cream Sauce - Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.1
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 855.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 45.6 g