Moist, flavorful, delicious pork chops, smothered in a savory mushroom cream sauce. Surprisingly light, yet satisfyingly indulgent. Inspired by PanNan's "Pan Grilled Pork Chops".
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground fine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, ground fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, freshly minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Combine herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Apply liberally to chops on both sides.
- Let sit on counter for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large cast-iron skillet until medium-hot.
- Set chops in the pan, and leave them alone. Otherwise, you will tear the herbs off. Cook each side until golden brown. Lower the heat if necessary. approximately 4 minutes each side.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid. Turn the heat off. Let sit for 10-12 minutes. If the chops are less than 1 inch thick, reduce time to 6-8 minutes.
- While chops are cooking, add olive oil to a small non-stick skillet and begin sautéing mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. When mushrooms begin to wilt, add wine. You are not trying to cook the mushrooms completely, just start the process.
- Remove chops to serving platter, cover to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and cooking liquid to the pan the chops were cooking in, turn heat to medium-high. Stir up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow mushrooms to finish cooking.
- Add heavy cream, and simmer until reduced by half.
- You may return chops to the pan to reheat, or pour sauce over chops.
- Serve with your favorite green vegetable, and enjoy!
I loved this recipe! Very delicious sauce and the rub was very flavorful! Since I'm not a pro in the kitchen, I needed to know how to keep the pork chops from curling up like the shoes of the wicked witch when they were cooking. If there is a secret to this, I wish it would've been included in the directions, otherwise, I highly recommend this recipe and will definitely make this again!
Tender, tasty chops and a delicious cream sauce! Thank you!
I never rate anything, but I had to rave about this recipe! I actually used a 2" thick pork steak, so I had to put it in the oven for about 20 minutes, but otherwise I followed the recipe. The pork was delicious, but the mushroom sauce was the star here...as my husband said, "Usually none of your stuff is worth the wait, but man, this is!" No, ladies, no, this charmer is already taken :) This recipe is officially a keeper, just like my charming husband, lol!