Recipe by KittyKitty
The dried fruit for this has to be large pieces, the small diced kind will over cook in the slow cooker. The mixed dried fruit should include peaches, apples, pear, apricots, etc. You can also use another fruit juice, other than apricot nectar, as long as it is a light colered juice.
- 4 pork loin chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in 3 1/2 t 6 quart slow cooker. Layer dried fruit evenly over pork. Mix brown sugar, marmalade, vinegar, ginger and nectar; pour over pork and fruit.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours or until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.
- Remove pork and fruit from cooker, using slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pork juices in cooker if desired. Pour juices into 1 quart saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into juices. Cook on high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve sauce with pork and fruit.