5 hrs 7 mins
4 hrs 45 mins
A savory fruit-based salsa anchors this colorful, fruit-and vegetable-rich meal. Tender pork chops slowly marinated and baked to perfection are highlighted by the lime and orange undertones of this flavorful experience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops, raw
- 8 clementines (Mandarin oranges)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt substitute seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, diced
- 4 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, diced
- 2 lime wedges, juice only
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups spinach, cooked and drained
- 1Place pork chops in a casserole dish. Peel, seed and section the clementines.
- 2Place half the clementine sections in a small bowl (chop the other half, reserve and refrigerate for late use in salsa). Use a fork to press half the sections into small pieces. Add orange juice and soy sauce then mix together well.
- 3Pour mixture over pork chops, being sure that the chops are completely covered with marinade. Cover the dish and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. In a small dish, blend onion powder, salt substitute seasoning and chili powder. Remove chops from marinade and season both sides with the spice mix.
- 5Bake in oven for 22-28 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork chops.
- 6Combine the cucumber, grape tomatoes, bell pepper and lime juice with the remaining clementines to make a fruit and vegetable salsa.
- 7Prepare brown rice and spinach according to directions on package.
- 8Serve each pork chop with equal amounts of clementine salsa, 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1/2 cup of spinach.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Mandarin Orange Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 338.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: