Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Another 30 minute meal from the cookbook called "Meals made easy" from Real Simple Magazine. This is another *Clipped* recipe from my newspaper. Serve with freshly cooked green beans and arugula tossed with olive oil and some lemon juice.
Top Review by lazyme
Great chops! I only made two pork chops, but followed the recipe as directed otherwise. We really enjoyed the little bites of lemon zest in the topping. Simple and good. Thanks Lorrie. Made for Photo Tag.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 pork chops, thin cut
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt or 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ovenproof frying pan,heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 tsp of the salt and half the pepper and brown the chops about 2 minutes per side in the oil;do not cook the meat through.
- Remove from heat and spoon pasta sauce over chops.
- In a small bowl,combine bread crumbs,sage,lemon peel,garlic,and another 1/2 tsp of salt and the remaining pepper.
- Sprinkle this evenly over the sauce and place pan in oven preheated to 350 F and bake for about 10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.