Recipe by Charmie777
This is a Bobby Flay recipe from his Boy Meets Grill cookbook. This is on the table in no time!!!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
We all three enjoyed these pork chops. For ~Tasty~ I reduced the amount of horseradish and ground ancho. I would skip the last brushing of the marinade to avoid contamination from the raw meat. (Call me overcautious.) Served with grilled corn on the cob, green beans, Middle Eastern-inspired pasta salad, gazpacho. We traveled the world today with our meal! Prepared for CQ 2015.
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 8 pork chops (6 oz. each, 1 inch thick)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine maple syrup, horseradish, mustard and chile powder.
- Pour over pork chops in bowl, or resealable bag to marinate for 1 hour.
- May be refrigerated, covered, for 1 day; use at room temperature.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high.
- Reserve 3/4 cups of glaze.
- Brush the chops on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, brush with remaining glaze, and turn over.
- Grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, brush, and turn again, for medium-well doneness.
- Arrange chops on a serving platter and brush with the reserved 3/4 cup of glaze.