Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from TOH, I am putting here for safekeeping and plan to try very soon! Time to make is just an estimate.
- 4 (793.78 g) pork rib chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml beef bouillon granules
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml dried basil, thyme or 2.46 ml tarragon
- 158.51 ml milk or 158.51 ml half-and-half cream
- 29.58 ml water
- 0.59-1.23 ml pepper
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir flour, bouillon, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Gradually stir in milk, water, and pepper until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon over chops!
I made this tonight and my dh loved it. I served it over brown rice. I also added a dash of garlic pepper salt since we both love garlic. Thanks for a great recipe.
These chops were wonderful! The cream sauce was absolutely delicious! Everyone enjoyed it from DH to the 6 year old... and of course, me! I used fresh basil as I had a bunch on hand and when I make this again, I will do the same. Thanks Culinary Explorer!