Recipe by Gagoo
Pork chops, spices, and canned tomatoes go into the slow cooker in the morning and by dinner the juicy, tender meat has its own sauce. Easy! From Diabetic Living
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops. Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides in hot skillet. Set aside.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, tapioca, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt and crushed red pepper. Add chops. Pour tomatoes over chops.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- To serve, transfer chops to serving platter. Spoon tomatoes atop chops using a slotted spoon. If desired, pour some of the cooking liquid atop chops and tomatoes.
- Crush tapioca with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.