8 hrs 10 mins
Pork chops, spices, and canned tomatoes go into the slow cooker in the morning and by dinner the juicy, tender meat has its own sauce. Easy! From Diabetic Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1Trim fat from chops. Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides in hot skillet. Set aside.
- 2In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, tapioca, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt and crushed red pepper. Add chops. Pour tomatoes over chops.
- 3Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- 4To serve, transfer chops to serving platter. Spoon tomatoes atop chops using a slotted spoon. If desired, pour some of the cooking liquid atop chops and tomatoes.
- 6Crush tapioca with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Herb-Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes