Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Pork chops, spices, and canned tomatoes go into the slow cooker in the morning and by dinner the juicy, tender meat has its own sauce. Easy! From Diabetic Living
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Trim fat from chops. Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides in hot skillet. Set aside.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, tapioca, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt and crushed red pepper. Add chops. Pour tomatoes over chops.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- To serve, transfer chops to serving platter. Spoon tomatoes atop chops using a slotted spoon. If desired, pour some of the cooking liquid atop chops and tomatoes.
- Crush tapioca with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.