Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish has such a wonderful flavor combination. If someone dislikes mustard then just don't use it for them but it does enhance the dish.
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 680.38 g pork chops
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 small granny smith apples, halved
- 59.14 ml freshly chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml coarse grain mustard
- Mix together the flour, cumin, salt and pepper on a large plate. Lightly coat each chop with the flour mixture, set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the apple halves with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook the apples cut-side down about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan, cover and set aside.
- Place the chops in the skillet, sprinkle with parsley, and cook until golden brown and crispy, 4-5 minutes per side.
- While the pork is cooking, whisk the broth and vinegar together.
- Remove pork when done and set aside.
- Pour the broth into the skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- Divide the pork among 4 plates and pour some sauce over each chop. Serve with an apple half and a dab of mustard on each plate.
We eat a lot of pork and this is outstanding! Seasonings are right on. Doubled the sauce and glad I did. Because I did not want my dh to know about the mustard I just stirred it into sauce....and shh...the guy loved it! LOL! Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
This is so good! I doubled the gravy which I recommend. Instead of white vinegar I used apple cider. The cumin adds a little kick. This is a definite make again. Served with a salad and mashed potatoes.
Yummers! This was simple and very good. I loved the touch of 'smoke' with the cumin. I used a fairly large Granny Smith apple, so after it was browned, I nuked it for about 45 seconds to soften the rest of the apple. Great blend of flavors. I served this with mashed potatoes and Green Beans With Lemon Butter for a great dinner. Thanks cooking with love for a tasty dinner. Made for Fall PAC 2009.