1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Granny Smith Apples
cooking with love's Note:
This dish has such a wonderful flavor combination. If someone dislikes mustard then just don't use it for them but it does enhance the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 24 ounces pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small granny smith apples, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1Mix together the flour, cumin, salt and pepper on a large plate. Lightly coat each chop with the flour mixture, set aside.
- 2Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Sprinkle the apple halves with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook the apples cut-side down about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan, cover and set aside.
- 4Place the chops in the skillet, sprinkle with parsley, and cook until golden brown and crispy, 4-5 minutes per side.
- 5While the pork is cooking, whisk the broth and vinegar together.
- 6Remove pork when done and set aside.
- 7Pour the broth into the skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- 8Divide the pork among 4 plates and pour some sauce over each chop. Serve with an apple half and a dab of mustard on each plate.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Granny Smith Apples
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 797.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
coarse grain mustard