Recipe by justcallmetoni
In this quick and healthy recipe pan cooked chops are topped with a lovely combination of pears spiked with fresh ginger. Have not had a chance to try this out but it looks like something I would enjoy. Nutritional information: 237 calories; 5 g fat; 2 g fiber
Top Review by lazyme
Great pork chops! I made these as written and really enjoyed them. I love fresh ginger, green onions and pears, and they all complimented this pork very well. Thanks Toni for a great keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops, select a thicker cut and trim all visible fat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I think you can do this with Splenda by adding it closer to the end of the preparation)
- 2⁄3 cup white wine, dry would be best
- 1 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 firm ripe bosc pears or 1 Anjou pear, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season porkchops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and just cooked through, two to three minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Pour off fat from the pan.
- Add vinegar and sugar to the pan and stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until the syrup turns dark amber, 10 to 20 seconds. Pour in wine and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Add broth, pears and ginger to the wine-vinegar sauce bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, turning the pears occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add scallions and cook until the pears are tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Mix together the water and cornstarch into a slurry and add to the pan. Stir until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan; turn to coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.