1/1 Photo of Pork Chops With Ginger Pear Sauce
In this quick and healthy recipe pan cooked chops are topped with a lovely combination of pears spiked with fresh ginger. Have not had a chance to try this out but it looks like something I would enjoy. Nutritional information: 237 calories; 5 g fat; 2 g fiber
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops, select a thicker cut and trim all visible fat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I think you can do this with Splenda by adding it closer to the end of the preparation)
- 2/3 cup white wine, dry would be best
- 1 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 firm ripe bosc pears or 1 Anjou pear, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1Season porkchops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and just cooked through, two to three minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Pour off fat from the pan.
- 2Add vinegar and sugar to the pan and stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until the syrup turns dark amber, 10 to 20 seconds. Pour in wine and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- 3Add broth, pears and ginger to the wine-vinegar sauce bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, turning the pears occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add scallions and cook until the pears are tender, about 2 minutes more.
- 4Mix together the water and cornstarch into a slurry and add to the pan. Stir until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan; turn to coat with the sauce.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Ginger Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat chicken broth