Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great, fresh, flavorful recipe. It's from Gourmet magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 2 cloves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Whisk together lime juice, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking well. Whisk in cilantro.
- Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat.
- Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill rack, then grill pork chops, covered, turning over once, until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Serve drizzled with some vinaigrette, and with remainder on the side.
- Cooks' note: If you aren't able to grill outdoors, chops can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.