Recipe by Sackville
A really simple way to cook chops. The juice is great over mashed potatoes. Adapted slightly from the MEAT cookbook.
Top Review by Phyllis_3
We liked this recipe, but thought it could use a little more flavor in the sauce. I think I will try it with carmalized onions, If that does not do it I will try to add just 1/2 teaspoon of Honey.
- 2 pork chops
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 158.51 ml white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and put a baking dish in the oven while you preheat it.
- Meanwhile, separate the cloves from the garlic head but do not peel them.
- Smash the cloves with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add in the garlic.
- Fry for a couple minutes and put in the pork chops. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brown for just 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Put the chops and garlic in the pan that has been heating in the oven.
- Meanwhile, put the apple in the pan and fry for a couple minutes.
- Add the wine and let bubble until reduced by half.
- Pour over the chops and bake for 12-15 minutes, braising with the juice if you like.
- Take out and serve immediately with your choice of veggies.