1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Fried Apples
This recipe is from a cookbook called The Southern Heritage All Pork Cookbook. Preparation time not included. I need to add a correction to the recipe. I don't use as much oil as stated in the recipe to fry the pork chops and since I never measure how much I use I just listed the amount of oil as it was given in the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients and beat well.
- 2Dip pork chops in egg mixture and dredge in the flour.
- 3Reserve 2 tablespoons flour to make gravy.
- 4In a large skillet heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil to 350°F.
- 5Fry pork chops in oil until golden brown and tender.
- 6Turning as needed.
- 7Drain pork chops on paper toweling and keep warm while preparing apples and gravy.
- 8Reserve pan drippings in skillet.
- 9Take 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings and put in a small skillet.
- 10Add reserved flour, stirring until smooth.
- 11Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Gradually add milk; stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- 13Pour gravy in serving bowl.
- 14Fry apples in reserved hot pan drippings until tender, turning once.
- 15Drain apples well on paper towels.
- 16Place apple slices back in skillet and sprinkle with sugar.
- 17Heat just until sugar starts to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Fried Apples
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.1
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 492.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 27.5 g