Recipe by Marie
These chops are tender and moist and full of flavor. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes for a really great dinner.
Top Review by Mr. D
I liked the sound of this recipe, but three minor changes: One - I like to grill the chops, Two - I slightly increased the balsamic to two TBL spoons. Three - vine ripe tomatoes are available and I used local tomatoes. The salsa/chutney style of toping to the chops was flavorful and one I will keep in my cookbook. Thank you
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 pint red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and cook until golden brown; remove onions and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the same skillet.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and place in the skillet.
- Cook to desired doneness.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet.
- Return onions to skillet, and stir in tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until tomatoes are tender.
- Mix in balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chops with the onion and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.