A fennel infused grilling recipe for chops over a bed of lettuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Dry-fry the fennel seeds for about 3 minutes or until darker and fragrant. Meanwhile, heat the grill of a barbecue over medium-high heat.
- 2Pound fennel seeds, salt and peppercorns with a mortar and pestle until ground coarsely. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon of the seed mixture. Spread remaining seed mixture onto a plate. Dip the chops into the mixture, coating as evenly as possible.
- 3Drizzle a little oil over one side of the chops and spread with the back of a spoon, being careful not to dislodge the spice mix. Place the oiled side down onto the grill, then oil the side facing up. Cook chops for 3-4 minutes. Then turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear. (This cooking time is for a fairly thick chop.) Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Slice apple finely then cut into long thin strips. Scatter over the lettuce in a bowl.
- 5Combine the lemon juice, 1 tablelspoon olive oil, mustard and reserved seed mixture in a jug or bowl. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- 6Just before serving, drizzle dressing over the lettuce and apple; serve with the chops.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Fennel Salt and Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.7
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 170.8 mg
- Sodium 1350.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 53.6 g