Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fennel infused grilling recipe for chops over a bed of lettuce.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Fennel Salt and Apple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Dry-fry the fennel seeds for about 3 minutes or until darker and fragrant. Meanwhile, heat the grill of a barbecue over medium-high heat.
- Pound fennel seeds, salt and peppercorns with a mortar and pestle until ground coarsely. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon of the seed mixture. Spread remaining seed mixture onto a plate. Dip the chops into the mixture, coating as evenly as possible.
- Drizzle a little oil over one side of the chops and spread with the back of a spoon, being careful not to dislodge the spice mix. Place the oiled side down onto the grill, then oil the side facing up. Cook chops for 3-4 minutes. Then turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear. (This cooking time is for a fairly thick chop.) Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice apple finely then cut into long thin strips. Scatter over the lettuce in a bowl.
- Combine the lemon juice, 1 tablelspoon olive oil, mustard and reserved seed mixture in a jug or bowl. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over the lettuce and apple; serve with the chops.