Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tore this out of "New American Cookbook" years ago when the book finally fell apart. It is my husband's one and only way to have pork chops. I use Italian flavored crumbs and somtimes omit the onion. Adding the fat is overkill. I usually serve this with egg noodles and spaghetti sauce. Now that it's just the 2 of us I usually cook 3 chops and use 1 C. of crumbs. These chops are moist and delicious every time.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄8 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pork fat, chopped
- Mix onion, breadcrumbs, fat, pepper, and salt and well-beaten egg with 1/4 cup hot water.
- Spread on chops.
- Place chops close together in a pan.
- Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
This is going in our make again file. My boyfriend really liked the difference. The only thing is that I did make for 2 and reduced the amounts, but I used the wrong dish to cook so since I didn't have a baster....I couldn't really baste with the spoon I had. Instead, I basted with chicken broth...and some of the juices from the pan. It was pretty fantastic though! Thanks surus!