Recipe by Troop Angel
This recipe calls for reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth and fat free evaporated milk, but I've also made it with regular chicken broth and regular evaporated milk. Good both ways...and nice to know that something can be healthy and still taste yummy! I also use the thin cut pork chops just as a matter of preference. I got this recipe in the mail on a recipe card from some company that wanted me to buy their cookbook...please, I have Zaar! What do I need with their cookbooks...but I sure like this recipe of theirs!
Top Review by Meredith .F
I really like that this was fast and healthy-low calories, low fat AND low carb!! I made it exactly as called for and thought it was a tiny bit bland though...I would make again but perhaps add a little something to give it a kick! I think the sauce would work really well over chicken, too! Thanks for posting troop angel.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chops and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth to skillet.
- Stir to loosen browned bits.
- Combine mustard and evaporated milk and add to skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chops.
- Serve and enjoy!