1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A cozy dish that will warm you all over and make your home smell fantastic! Butter-caramelized onions and apples combined with curry powder, applesauce, and a little garlic make this a fantastic dinner with mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- olive oil (for browning chops)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced and cored
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground curry powder, to taste
- more salt and pepper
- 1Season chops with salt and pepper; brown both sides in a skillet with a little olive oil; remove to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Cook and stir onions and apples in butter until caramelized, being sure to stir up browned bits.
- 4Stir in applesauce, apple juice, beef broth, garlic and curry powder.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper; simmer on low heat until slightly thickened, continuing to stir up browned bits from pork chops.
- 6Pour apple-onion mixture over chops in baking dish and cover dish with foil.
- 7Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops with Curried Caramelized Onions and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.8
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.0 mg
- Sodium 468.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 54.6 g