Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A cozy dish that will warm you all over and make your home smell fantastic! Butter-caramelized onions and apples combined with curry powder, applesauce, and a little garlic make this a fantastic dinner with mashed potatoes!
Top Review by It's loose again
This was great. Not at all dry. Will make it again tonight using a pork tenderloin. Only changes: 2 cups chicken broth for apple juice and beef broth. Finished off with fresh cilantro leaves. Will add a second apple tonight.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- olive oil (for browning chops)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced and cored
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground curry powder, to taste
- more salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops with salt and pepper; brown both sides in a skillet with a little olive oil; remove to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onions and apples in butter until caramelized, being sure to stir up browned bits.
- Stir in applesauce, apple juice, beef broth, garlic and curry powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; simmer on low heat until slightly thickened, continuing to stir up browned bits from pork chops.
- Pour apple-onion mixture over chops in baking dish and cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.